Friday, February 24, 2006

Too Lazy to Help Darfur

Man, can you believe in Darfur there is an actual genocide? This is Holocaust-grade stuff.

Click here.

So far I haven't done anything to help out. Have you? Probably not. We haven't been acting very morally, you and I. Those kids who are suffering are human beings just like us. I think it really is the duty of the American people to get the government to take action.

Here is one thing I could do to help people in Darfur that I am probably not going to do:
  1. Get a random job on campus for two weeks and donate all the money I earn toward helping humanitarian organizations defend their aid delivery lines against Janjaweed ambush.
There should be something that people like me can do in a matter of minutes, because otherwise we won't do anything at all, and a few minutes is better than nothing, especially if a lot of people do it.

No comments: