Friday, January 05, 2007

Identifying Yourself to Yourself

I just read a quick thought-provoking everything2.com post called creating a password to convince yourself you have traveled back in time. It got me thinking, if I were to travel back in time, how would I authenticate myself to myself as efficiently as possible? (It has to be quick, or else my present self will proceed to press a red button.)

I might start listing off passwords I use, but those could be hacked. I think a good approach would be to list the stuff I concern myself with and worry about. So I was imagining myself rapidly describing my innermost thoughts to myself, and I think I stumbled on a good exercise. Describing my innermost thoughts quickly and matter-of-factly in the second person gave me a bit of perspective.

No comments: