Sunday, December 11, 2005

Great Pickup Line

This is the world's best pickup line:
If I were to ask you whether you'd go out with me, would your answer be the same as your answer to this question?
Observe how effective it is in this sample dialogue.

Woman: Say, who is this loser coming over to hit on me? I am way out of his league.

Man: (walking up) If I were to ask you whether you'd go out with me, would your answer be the same as your answer to this question? [Editor's note: Zing!]

Woman: No, go away.

Man: OK, haha, actually you just agreed to go out with me.

Woman: I have a boyfriend.

Man: OK so I guess that makes you unfaithful, haha! See, I kinda hijacked the linguistic concept of a question in order to spring a logical trap on you.

Woman: Are you like, deaf?

Man: Look, you answered "no" to my pickup line, as in "no I will not not go out with you". Gotcha!

Stronger Man: Is this loser trying to hit on you, Charlene? It's hard to tell.

Woman: Yeah, take care of him, Woody.

Stronger Man: Come on punk, let's go.

Man: Wait, wait! Uh, if I were to not ask you not to not beat me up, would you respond the same as if I... ow! Ow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, I'll be sure to romance woman with logic next time.