Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Ligers

When a male lion mates with a female tiger, the offspring is known as a liger. Ligers are damn funny. They are nature's clown. Look:


Look at its face -- it's just a tiger who doesn't understand why its body is huge. At one point the liger Wikipedia article states,
Ligers may exhibit conflicts between the social habits of the lion and the solitary habits of the tiger. Their lion heritage wants them to form social groups, but their tiger heritage urges them to be intolerant of company. Opponents of deliberate hybridization say this causes confusion and depression for the animals, especially after sexual maturity.
I read this and I was just laughing at this ridiculous buffoon of an animal. Good times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor liger. I don't see the humor in this. It's like laughing at a handicapped kid.

Liron Shapira said...

It's fine if you don't see the humor in this. Ligers are open to interpretation.

But what's wrong with laughing at handicapped kids? Well, it's wrong because they are human and therefore we care about their feelings. That isn't the case with ligers, so it's fine.

Haha, ligers. I can't believe I'm having this conversation.

Anonymous said...

MAYBE YOU CAN CROSS BREED A MOUSE WITH A ELEPHANT. BUT WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT??????????

Anonymous said...

IF CROSS BREED A DONKEY WITH A BABBOONE. YOU'LL HAVE ONE OF MY INLAWS.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

One of my friends already told me about this place and I do not regret that I found this article.